Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:REGN) moved 6.01% to recent value of $574.37. The stock transacted 1545869 shares during most recent day however it has an average volume of 1.39M shares. It spotted trading 0.01% off 52-week high price. On the other end, the stock has been noted 111.66% away from the low price over the last 52-weeks.
- First quarter 2020 revenues increased 33% to $1.83 billion versus first quarter 2019
- First quarter EYLEA® U.S. net sales increased 9% to $1.17 billion versus first quarter 2019
- First quarter Dupixent® global net sales , which are recorded by Sanofi, increased 129% to $855 million versus first quarter 2019
- First quarter 2020 GAAP diluted EPS was $5.43 and non-GAAP diluted EPS was $6.60
- Libtayo® Phase 3 trial in first-line non-small cell lung cancer stopped early due to positive overall survival benefit with regulatory submissions planned later this year
- Libtayo showed clinically-meaningful and durable responses in pivotal second-line advanced basal cell carcinoma trial with regulatory submissions planned later this year
- Novel SARS-CoV-2 antibody cocktail treatment advancing rapidly; clinical studies planned for June 2020
- Praluent restructuring agreements with Sanofi finalized
On May 05, 2020, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:REGN) disclosed financial results for the first quarter of 2020 and provided a business update.
Over 30 years, the Regeneron team has built a science and technology engine uniquely suited to address the COVID-19 pandemic and we are applying our signature passion, innovation, and drive to advance solutions. Our novel antibody cocktail, REGN-COV2, which is specifically-designed for both prevention and treatment, is expected to begin human studies in June and we are working in parallel to have large-scale quantities available by late summer, said Leonard S. Schleifer, M.D., Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Regeneron. Beyond our COVID-19 efforts, we maintain our commitment to the many other patients with serious diseases who are counting on us. In the first quarter, we saw continued growth with EYLEA, Dupixent, and Libtayo in the U.S. driven by underlying demand despite the impact of the pandemic. Moreover, we continue to advance our broad immuno-oncology platform, including the PD-1 inhibitor Libtayo, for which we plan regulatory submissions this year in both non-small cell lung cancer and basal cell carcinoma, based on recent promising late-stage results.
We believe our recent revision to the accounting presentation better reflects the nature of revenues earned and costs incurred and simplifies our financial reporting, said Robert E. Landry, Executive Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer of Regeneron. We were also pleased to close the Praluent restructuring transaction with Sanofi, which we expect to be accretive beginning in the second quarter of 2020.
REGN has a gross margin of 90.10% and an operating margin of 28.10% while its profit margin remained 26.90% for the last 12 months. Its earnings per share (EPS) expected to touch remained -10.80% for this year while earning per share for the next 5-years is expected to reach at 6.73%.
The company has 110.10M of outstanding shares and 81.81M shares were floated in the market. According to the most recent quarter its current ratio was 3.7 that represents company’s ability to meet its current financial obligations. The price moved ahead of 7.55% from the mean of 20 days, 16.60% from mean of 50 days SMA and performed 54.69% from mean of 200 days price. Company’s performance for the week was 8.66%, 16.43% for month and YTD performance remained 52.97%.