Exact Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:EXAS) spotted trading -37.17% off 52-week high price. On the other end, the stock has been noted 120.99% away from the low price over the last 52-weeks. The stock changed -0.06% to recent value of $77.9. The stock transacted 971025 shares during most recent day however it has an average volume of 2.53M shares. The company has 156.15M of outstanding shares and 146.09M shares were floated in the market.
On May 06, 2020, Exact Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:EXAS) reported that the company generated revenue of $347.8 million for the first quarter ended Mar. 31, 2020, compared to $162.0 million for the same period of 2019.
Even in unprecedented times, cancer doesn’t stop. The coronavirus pandemic highlights and increases the need for novel ways to screen for cancer, detect it early, and guide treatment. Our Cologuard, Oncotype DX, and Paradigm tests meet that need, said Kevin Conroy, chairman and CEO. In a world that is trying to avoid unnecessary physician office visits, invasive procedures, and treatments, our tests and deep pipeline are more valuable now than ever. We plan to play an even greater role in cancer screening and guiding therapy decisions after the coronavirus pandemic abates.
First Quarter 2020 Financial Results
For the three-month period ended March 31, 2020, as compared to the same period of 2019 (where applicable):
- Total revenue was $347.8 million, compared to $162.0 million
- Screening revenue was $219.5 million, an increase of 35 percent
- Precision Oncology revenue was $128.4 million
- Gross margin including amortization of acquired intangible assets was 71 percent, and non-GAAP gross margin excluding amortization of acquired intangible assets was 77 percent
- Net loss was $105.7 million, or $0.71 per share, compared to a net loss of $82.9 million, or $0.66 per share
- EBITDA was $(51.0) million and adjusted EBITDA was $(8.2) million
- Non-cash interest expense related to convertible debt was $22.5 million, which included a non-cash loss on extinguishment of debt of $8.0 million, compared to $19.6 million, which included a non-cash loss on extinguishment of debt of $10.6 million
- Cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities were $1.2 billion at the end of the quarter, including $975.5 million, net, raised in relation to the issuance of new convertible notes and the repayment of a portion of previously issued convertible notes
Its earnings per share (EPS) expected to touch remained 55.40% for this year. EXAS has a gross margin of 75.30% and an operating margin of -27.90% while its profit margin remained -9.60% for the last 12 months.
According to the most recent quarter its current ratio was 2.4 that represents company’s ability to meet its current financial obligations. The price moved ahead of 6.19% from the mean of 20 days, 17.89% from mean of 50 days SMA and performed -13.51% from mean of 200 days price. Company’s performance for the week was 1.01%, 39.82% for month and YTD performance remained -15.71%.