Neenah (NYSE:NP) changed 7.00% to recent value of $49.21. The stock transacted 143874 shares during most recent day however it has an average volume of 128.73K shares. It spotted trading -36.54% off 52-week high price. On the other end, the stock has been noted 47.16% away from the low price over the last 52-weeks.
On May 08, 2020, Neenah (NYSE:NP) released first quarter 2020 results.
First Quarter Highlights/Events
- Net sales of $233.6 million decreased 3 percent compared with $239.7 million in the prior year. Technical Products segment sales increased 2 percent while Fine Paper and Packaging revenues declined 8 percent.
- Operating income of $23.6 million ($27.1 million adjusted) increased $6.2 million ($9.7 million adjusted) compared to the prior year. Adjusting items in 2020 consisted of COVID-19 costs, restructuring and other non-routine costs and acquisition-related expenses. There were no adjusting items in 2019.
- GAAP earnings per diluted common share (E.P.S.) of $0.97 compared with earnings of $0.69 per share in 2019. On an adjusted basis, 2020 quarterly E.P.S. of $1.12 increased from $0.69 in the prior year period.
- Cash generated from operations of $14.2 million increased from $3.0 million in the first quarter of 2019 due to lower working capital requirements and increased earnings.
- Global liquidity as of March 31, 2020 was $195 million, comprised of $78 million of cash on hand and available borrowing capacity of $117 million on existing credit facilities.
- Quarterly cash dividends paid of $0.47 per share increased 4 percent from $0.45 per share in the prior year.
- John O’Donnell announced his retirement as CEO effective May 21, Julie Schertell, COO, named as successor.
- Multiple actions were initiated in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to keep employees safe and maintain financial strength.
- Began commercial production of face mask media from filtration operations in Germany.
NP has a gross margin of 19.50% and an operating margin of 8.30% while its profit margin remained 5.90% for the last 12 months. Its earnings per share (EPS) expected to touch remained 49.90% for this year while earning per share for the next 5-years is expected to reach at 5.00%.
The company has 17.45M of outstanding shares and 16.65M shares were floated in the market. According to the most recent quarter its current ratio was 2.5 that represents company’s ability to meet its current financial obligations. The price moved ahead of 8.12% from the mean of 20 days, 9.08% from mean of 50 days SMA and performed -19.93% from mean of 200 days price. Company’s performance for the week was 4.30%, 13.91% for month and YTD performance remained -30.13%.